Tu Bi Foundation is a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization. All donations are tax-deductible in accordance to Federal law. For US federal tax purposes, our EIN is 76-0342787.
Từ Bi Foundation (TBF) is a non-profit organization, established in 1993 by Rev. Thich Nguyen Hanh, abbot of Viet Nam Buddhist Center (VNBC). The title “Từ Bi” was chosen because it represents compassion and loving-kindness. It is operated under the auspices of the VNBC. As a grass-root based NGO, Tu Bi Foundation staffs are 100% volunteers from the United States and Vietnam.
Although Tu Bi Foundation is sponsor by Viet Nam Buddhist Center, it manages its financial account separately. Our volunteer staffs are committed to appropriating all donations as requested with zero expense to their respective donors. Our goal is provide giving hearts with the means to bring hope, opportunities, and happiness to those in need. We feel that humanities future depends on the development of our children and alleviating suffering of those around – a simple cause with fruitful long term effect.
The post Viet Nam War, flood and hurricane disasters that occur in Viet Nam every year have left many Vietnamese people in a state of never ending poverty. We realized that only through education could one be helped out of poverty. This realization gave birth to the “Từ Bi Foundation.” TBF is currently providing the following programs:
1. Scholarships to orphans and children from poor families:
· Merrit scholarship: $60 USD/year
· College scholarship: $120.0, 240.0 USD/year
. Bicyles for children have to walk >3km to school, 60$ each
2. Kindergarden schools in poor villages: $7000 USD/school
3. Classroom furniture and school supplies: $300 USD/school
4. Community Health Care Services: Medical Assistants on wheels: $1000-2,000 USD/event
5. Global Youth Service Day: $1000 USD/event
6. Built new bridge to replace monkey bridge, 5000-7000$.
Emergency Relief Programs:
1. Emergency relief for victims of natural disasters.
2. “House of Kindness.” Shelter for those who have no roof over their head, 900$/house.
3. Financial assistance to the helpless elderly in remote areas.
4. Food and financial assistance to poor families to help them during special occasions.
5. Water wells for poor villages $250/each in Viet Nam. $320/each in India
Please send your tax-deductible check to:
Tu Bi Foundation
4901 Powell Road
Fairfax, VA 22032
Tu Bi Foundation
10002 Synott Road
Sugarland, TX 77478
Tel: Hạnh 713-436-4788
This post is also available in: Vietnamese